5 Tips For Prioritizing Intimacy As Parents
As a parent, it can be difficult to prioritize your relationship with your partner over your children. After all, your children are your first priority, and you want to make sure they are safe, loved, and taken care of. But it is important to remember that your relationship with your partner is just as important as the one you have with your children. After all, if your relationship is not strong, it can have a negative impact on your children.Here are a few tips for prioritizing your relationship before your children:
1. Make time for each other. It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day responsibilities of parenting. But it’s important to make time for each other to talk, laugh, and just be together. Whether it’s a weekly date night or just an hour to watch a movie together, make sure you’re carving out time to connect with your partner.
2. Show appreciation. It’s easy to take each other for granted, especially when you’re busy raising a family. But it’s important to take a moment to appreciate each other and to recognize the effort that goes into making your relationship work. Show your partner that you appreciate them and all that they do for you and your family.
3. Have fun, date each other. Spend time together doing activities that you both enjoy. Whether it’s a hobby you both share or something completely new, make sure to take time to have fun together.
4. Talk openly. Communication is key to any relationship, and it’s especially important when you’re a parent. Make sure you’re both expressing your feelings, thoughts, and ideas openly and honestly.
5. Make your bedroom a 'no kid zone'. When you children need you, you go to them. This is one of the hardest tips to work on because snuggles in bed feel so good! It's important that you and your partner have a space that's just for you. Create this space so it invites, relaxation, calmness and possibly some erotic energy for the win!
By taking the time to prioritize your relationship with your partner, you’re setting a good example for your children and strengthening your bond as a family. So take a moment to recognize the importance of your relationship and make an effort to prioritize it before your children.